Our sweet baby boy Klive was born Friday April 16th at 10:39 am. He was 7 lbs. 7 oz. 19 1/2 inches long and cute as can be!
We are so happy to have this little guy as part of our family. Now that he is here I can't imagine my life without him. I feel so blessed that my Heavenly Father has trusted me to raise this sweet baby boy, he is so precious.
Since I would hate to forget the details of the day he decided to join our family I decided I should blog about them to make sure I don't forget any of the details. I think that his delivery was one of the best days of my life. I absolutely love being his mom!
On Thursday night April 15th Jeff got home from playing basketball at the church around 11:45 pm. I told him I thought I was having some contractions and so I decided just to be safe I would hop in the shower to wash my hair and get ready just in case we ended up going to the hospital in the middle of the night. I didn't want to have the pictures with my baby be messed up and ugly due to greasy hair. So I got in the shower and started to get ready. At this time my contractions were about 10-12 minutes apart, but by 12:45 am they were coming more frequently. At this time I was having contractions about 3-6 minutes apart. I was keeping track of the times they were coming on my phone because I didn't want to get to the hospital and have them send me home, so I decided that I needed to have some proof that I was in labor. So about 2:00 am Jeff and I hopped in the car with bags packed and car seat in tow ready to have our baby. When we arrived at the hospital it was around 2:20 am and we went straight up to labor and delivery. Once at the nurses station I told them I thought I was in labor, but wasn't exactly sure. I got out my phone and showed them the list of my contractions for the past couple of hours. They then took us into a room told me to get a gown on so they could check me to see how progressed I was. I got changed came out and got checked. The nurse looked at me in amazement, told me I was between an 8-9 then asked me if I was sure I wanted an epidural. She then had another nurse get the room set up to deliver a baby. At that time Jeff called both of our parents and mine arrived at the hospital shortly after.
Another nurse came in to give me my IV and draw some blood, but couldn't seem to get any blood. I told her it could be because I was really scared, but later we found out it was just because I was dehydrated. The nurse then said before they could give me my epidural they need to get the lab to come draw my blood run some tests and then I could get my epidural. So while waiting for the lab a lady came into the room next to me dialated to a 10 and was having her baby without an epidural. She was screaming so loud I could hear her through the walls and got really scared that, I could be in her situation if the lab didn't show up soon. Lucky for me the lab came shortly after, drew some blood, ran the tests and my much needed relief arrived.
By the time I got my epidural it was about 4:00 am. Once the epidural was in I could finally relax and enjoy spending time with my family and husband. We laughed and joked with the Dr.'s and nurses. I'm sure they thought I was a little bit off my rocker since we were having such a great time! Since the epidural slowed my labor down significantly I wasn't ready to push until about 9:00 am. After about 30 minutes of pushing the nurse realized that the baby needed a little bit more time to rest and descend as they call it, and the on call Dr. had to go and do some so we decided to wait 30 more minutes before we started to push again. At 10:00 am the nurse came back and we started pushing, I set a goal for myself that for sure I would have the baby out by 11:00 am since the Dr. had a surgery he needed to do. Sure enough Klive was born at 10:39 am. Mission accomplished!
Jeff and I are so happy to have this little guy as part of our family and he couldn't be any sweeter! He truly is such a doll and a huge blessing in our lives. We absolutely adore him and can't wait to watch him get cuter every day!
11 comments:
Ah, Yay! He is soo cute, and you look amazing! :) Proud Grandma stood up in Sunday and announced and showed us a picture. How exciting for your whole family. Congratulations to you and EVERYONE!
Congratulations! He is so cute! Oh, and I love your hair short!
What a handsome little boy! And beautiful mom! I love your short hair.
I am so excited to hear more about your new addition. We'll have to catch up soon.
Congrats!! He is darling. So excited for you!!!
Congrats Kara! He is so cute!
Congrats you two!! He's beautiful. I can't believe how calm you seemed throughout the labor. I was the crazy lady screaming at the top of my lungs when I had Harrison--I can't imagine how many people I scared. :)
how fun kara and jeff! you will be so happy that you wrote in down...it's something you won't want to forget.
he is adorable. it's so fun to see you with baby. your parents are so excited and proud...your baby is cute and you looked fabulous for the delivery pics!
Way to go!
He is so cute Kara! You look awesome. It was so fun to chat and catch up the other day!
Let's talk again soon!
Love him! Can't wait to meet the little guy. Good work you two!
So fun! Congrats! I am so happy for you to have your little guy and I want to meet him soon.
Congrats--we're so happy for you and can't wait to meet the little guy! You look great Kara--hope all is going well. Let me know if you ever need anything!
Post a Comment