Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

This post is a little late in coming, but I had the best Mother's Day ever!  Of course I  don't have much to compare it to seeing as this was my first experience with the holiday, but it was great.  If every Mother's Day was like yesterday I will be a happy lady for the rest of my life!  


My day started off waking up to the sound of my sweet baby letting my know he was ready for breakfast.  After he had eaten Jeff and I enjoyed a nice bowl of cereal together.  Then Jeff presented to me the present he and Klive had picked out for me.  I was really excited to see what they had spent their Saturday afternoon shopping for.  Those two sweethearts got me a new Cannon digital SLR camera.  I was stoked, since I have a child whom I find adorable I really wanted a camera that I could take great pictures with.  It's a great thing that my darling husband listens to me while I mumble about things I would like to have.  Jeff had also written me the sweetest note telling me that he and Klive thought that I was a great mom, which means a lot to me since I still have a lot to learn.

After we celebrated at home, we went to Jeff's mom's house for a while and then went over to my parent's house for dinner and to talk to Blake.  It was so much fun!  Jeff and my Dad and my uncle Brad made us an excellent dinner of steak and potatoes.  After we ate Blake called and we were able to talk to him for an hour and a half.  It was so great to hear his voice and hear about the experiences he is having while on his mission.  

Once we finished our conversation with Blake I got the chance to put my photography skills to work and started taking pictures of random things.  It was a blast!  


But most of all it was great to spend time with my mom.  She is such a great lady, and I don't think I tell her enough how much I appreciate everything she has done for me.  She truly is an amazing mom.  She would do anything for her family and is always checking up to see if there is anything she can help me with.  I hope that one day when I am grown I can be just like her! Mom I love you more than you will ever know.  Thank you for all that you do for me and my family and thank you for being the best Grandma ever to my sweet little boy!  We LOVE YOU!




1 comments:

Johnson Fam said...

Happy Mother's Day Kara! Being a mom is pretty great. I am jealous of your mothers day present. SLR's are soooo nice! That is awesome.