Tonight at ww I managed to gain .2lbs. That isn't very much, but it still counts as a gain and the worst part is the scale took a step in the wrong direction. That could possibly be due the the 8 pieces of monkey bread I had on Sunday for breakfast or the 3+ biscuts I had for dinner. The good news is that tonight I was able to get a new perspective on my journey to weightloss. That new outlook is that everyday is a new day. Even though I made pretty bad decisions this weekend I was able to pull it back together to make better choices on Monday. At one ww meeting a lady mentioned that if you joined ww and lost week every week until you hit your goal you wouldn't have learned anything. Which is so incredibly true! Instead of looking at my weight gain this week as a failure I can choose to change the way I look at it and see it as feedback. Feedback that makes me aware that no one in their right mind can eat 800 calories of monkey bread + two other meals in the day and think it won't show up on the scale. So here's to new beginnings and seeing failure as feedback!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hey, i would say 8 pieces of monkey bread and ONLY .2 gained is a success! that's easy to take off! and you're right, every day is a new beginning!!
I love this post. It is so TRUE. Just take things one day at a time or you will just be overwhelmed! By the way, was the monkey bread worth the two pounds?? I would say yes if you had 8 peices of it.
Post a Comment