Wednesday, August 18, 2010

4 Months Old

I can hardly believe that is has already been 4 months since my Little Man came into the world.  He is such a darling little boy and we love him so much.  During his 4 month checkup we learned a few things about this boy 1.  He is in the 0% percentile for his weight.  At this check up he weighed 10 lbs 8 oz.  This is no good since 5 weeks ago he was a whopping 10 lbs. 13 oz.  So basically this means my breast milk might have the caloric quality of water and we need to start this boy on formula ASAP!  The Dr gave us order to feed the man child ever 3-4 hours 4-5 ounces of formula, no solid foods and to surely feed him during the night if he wakes up hungry.  Hearing this news I felt so sad since I was getting frustrated that he was sleeping worse through the night than he did when he was younger.  Well duh!  He has been STARVING!  Since starting this new formula feeding schedule I feel like I have a new baby!  He doesn't cry when his bottle is empty, he is much easier to get smiles from and he has become an excellent napper!  I just thought that I had a difficult child, I had no idea that his fussiness was due to the fact he was hungry all the time.  Since he is so underweight for his age we are taking him back next week for a weight check to make sure that he is packing on the lbs. and the formula is working.  Hopefully everything goes well.  2.  He is in the 25% percentile for his height.  He is now 24 1/4 in.  Since he has such a slender build right now this boy is a tall drink of water and so adorable!

Klive has now learned to enjoy his tummy time, but has also learned that once he is finished he can just roll over onto his back!

He likes his binky, but loves his hands and fingers!  Unless this boy is talking to you or smiling he almost always has his tiny little fingers in his mouth.  It is so cute, and to tell the truth I secretly love to watch him suck on his fingers.
He also loves to sit in his bumbo.  Since he's still a little squirt we have to prop him up with a blanket so he doesn't fall out, but needless to say he loves it.  I guess it makes him feel big!
Klive was a trooper when he got his shots this time.  He cried when she gave the shots but as soon as I picked him up he was finished.  He just snuggled with me till we got to the car.  As a matter of fact next time he gets his shots he might not cry at all since he might now associate shots with a full belly!
We also got a chance to see Tutu and Grandpa Cooper which is always so fun for us!


Even though Klive isn't looking I absolutely love, love, love this picture!  What can I say Klive might have the cutest Dad, Grandpa, and Great Grandpa of any boy.  I adore these guys!

2 comments:

TyandMar said...

Oh Kara! I'm so sorry that the little guy has been starving. That is a sad story, but isn't it nice that we have formula as a back-up plan?! Seriously, I'm glad there's a way to fix it. I'm sure he'll pack on the pounds in no time!
Miss you guys.

Heather Strong said...

How hard that he has been so hungry! When I had Emmett, breastfeeding made me really sick (like flu sick) so I bagged it and formula fed him. So in the hospital, they told me 1-2 ounces at a time. Ok, well I wondered why Emmett wouldn't sleep at night and was sooooo cranky! He was STARVING! We started feeding him double what they told us in the hospital and things got so much better. I felt so guilty!! This morning, he ate 3 waffles, a bagel, and fruit twists for breakfast LOL. At least now he can tell me what he wants instead of trying to guess. I hope that the formula feeding goes well!