Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Man

It's hard to believe that just 5 short, but seemingly long months ago you joined are family.  Since then our life has been filled with the joys of first time parenthood.  Learning the ropes, while trying not to damage you in the long run.  You truly are such a blessing to our little family and it feels like you have been with us always.  We love you so much and love watching you learn and progress.  Even though my days are filled with changing poop filled diapers, getting spit up on, and listening to you cry while trying to fall asleep for you naps. I WOULDN'T CHANGE IT FOR ANYTHING!  I absolutely LOVE being YOUR MOM.

So since you are 5 months old I thought it would only be fitting to list 5 things I love about you

1.  You are a very somber baby and you really make people work to get a smile.  As a matter of fact this is the expression you have on your face most of the time.

2.  You have recently found your toes and love to suck on them.  I think it is super cute, but your Dad thinks it's a little bit gross.  If you are still sucking on your toes when you are walking around on them I might have to put a stop to it, but for now it a okay with me.
3.  You have really grabby hands that are pretty quick.  It keeps us on our toes.  There have been a few times you have snatched your Dad's glasses and it makes us laugh.
4.  Smiles are hard to come by, but when you get one they are big, gummy, and so darn cute!
5.  And last but not least you still sleep in a swaddle.  When you are sleeping you constantly grab at your eyeballs and wake yourself up.  I worry that if I let your arms stay free you might not be able to see when you get up from your nap and your nap will be all of 5 minutes.


 

2 comments:

Sheena Menke said...

5 months already? Where did the time go? He is so sweet and cute and you and Jeff are such amazing parents already. I love the post!

JAM said...

Wow. I think this means you really need to start building next door. We need to make an effort to hAng out now that we won't see you in church.